Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the US Government’s General Accounting Office last year, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.
Whether we like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program there’s no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.
Here’s what your get…
- Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our computer software identifying potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts.
- Your tax return can be filed electronically so you will get a refund back quicker.
- Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week. Why give the IRS an interest free loan for up to 16 months.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year. In addition, we will give you a sheet of commonly overlooked deductions to limit the following year’s tax liability.
Books a Mess? No Problem!
If you own a small business and haven’t kept up your bookkeeping, don’t worry. We can help you. We’ll prepare your bookkeeping for the year, prepare a full Schedule C, as well as your personal income tax return. Then we’ll help you set up an easy system that allows you to keep your books in tip-top shape next year.
Planning is the key to successfully and legally reducing your tax liability. We go beyond tax compliance and proactively recommend tax saving strategies to maximize your after-tax income.
We make it a priority to enhance our mastery of the current tax law, complex tax code, and new tax regulations by attending frequent tax seminars.
Businesses and individuals pay the lowest amount of taxes allowable by law because we continually look for ways to minimize your taxes throughout the year, not just at the end of the year.
We recommend Tax Saving Strategies that help you…
- grow and preserve assets by keeping Uncle Sam out of your pockets.
- defer income so you can keep your money now and pay less taxes later.
- reduce taxes on your income so you keep more of what you make.
- reduce taxes on your estate so your family keeps more of what you’ve made.
- reduce taxes on your gifts so you can give more.
- reduce taxes on your investments so you can grow your wealth faster.
- reduce taxes on your retirement distributions so you can retire in style.
Here’s just a few of the Tax Saving Strategies we use…
- Splitting income among several family members or legal entities in order to get more of the income taxed in lower bracket.
- Shifting income or expenses from one year to another in order to have them fall where it will be taxed at a lower rate.
- Deferring tax liabilities through certain investment choices such as pension plans, contributions and other similar plans.
- Using certain investments to produce income that is tax exempt from either federal or state or both taxing entities.
- Finding tax deductions by structuring your money to pay for things you enjoy, such as a vacation home.
Remember, we work for you not for the IRS. Many of our clients save many times the fee in reduced tax liability through careful planning and legitimate tax strategies.
Tax problems are very common and you’re not alone. Every year, millions of taxpayers face a problem with the IRS.
We can help you with:
- IRS Audit Representation
- Non-filed Tax Returns
- Back Taxes Owed
- Payroll Tax Problems
- IRS Liens
- IRS Levies
- IRS Wage Garnishment
- IRS Seizures
Every problem has a solution, even tax problems. Our experts will find the best solution for your situation to get you back on track.
We can help you with:
- Offer In Compromise
- IRS Payment Plan
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Get Your IRS Files
We can assist you with navigating your entire estate plan, from the accumulation and maintenance of assets, through the transfer of assets to your beneficiaries in the most tax-efficient manner possible.
R & D credits, or Research and Development tax credit, is a way for companies to spend time on research and development without taking a substantial profit decrease. Credits are granted to companies to help costs that were accumulated by developing or improving products, processes, or software. The credit is to encourage companies to continually evolve.
A company must qualify for the credit by passing a four-part test. The test examines the purpose, process, uncertainty, and nature of the executed research.
Many industries can apply for the tax credit such as:
- Architects & Engineering
- Biotech & Life Sciences
- Software Development
- Food Science
- Aerospace and Defense
Is your business in one of the qualifying industries and would like to apply for the R & D tax credit? Contact us today to set up an initial consultation.
A cost segregation study is an engineering-based evaluation performed on qualifying buildings. The study reclassifies personal property assets to shorten the depreciation time in order to improve cash flow.
It is recommended that commercial property owners, inspectors, and investors have cost segregation studies done on their buildings in order to improve their federal tax credit savings and increase their cash Flow. The study is beneficial for almost any commercial building that has been constructed, acquired, or renovated. The study is done to identify building systems and components that qualify for accelerated deductions.