Bring new life to an outdated brand.
Duet is a local Omaha non-profit formally known as ENCOR. They are a developmental disability service provider and were the nation’s first comprehensive provider of community-based services starting in 1968. The organization looked to us for a fresh look and a new name to fit the values they hold today.
- As time went on, the original name established in 1968, ENCOR, grew to have no meaning behind it. This was troublesome for the organization as they hold their values near and dear. This meant it did not convey the organization’s message.
- ENCOR is not an English word, the constant question was, “What does ENCOR mean?”
- This name was often mispronounced or misspelled.
What's in a name?
It’s common for non-profit organizations like ENCOR to use acronyms. That is why we wanted to use a name that was an actual word but could double as an acronym. It was determined that the new name had to embody these qualities:
- A focus on partnership, development, empowerment, and community
- Reflect that we help those we serve to find their voice
The new name had to be easy to pronounce, tie into the “voice” theme, be an acronym and a word, and tie into company values.
It had to show partnership by tying into how we work together with those we serve. It had to have a sense of community and represent that we work hand in hand with the people we serve. It had to be innovative with a modern name that conveys that we are constantly improving and utilizing new industry techniques to accomplish goals. And lastly, it had to be empowering to convey the idea that we help to give those we serve a voice.
We finally landed on Duet.
Duet as a word...
The word duet symbolizes the partnership between staff members and the people they support. It also represents the ‘voice’ Duet helps the people it serves to find.
Duet as an acronym...
Duet as an acronym is composed of the brand’s four values, “develop unite empower together.”